Herringfleet Windpump is situated on the bank of the River Waveney and is owned by the Somerleyton Estate. The drainage pump has to be the most photographed windpump in Suffolk. Built in the 1820s the windpump is described as an octagonal three-storey smock mill with a boat shaped design cap.
The windpump worked from 1820 to 1883 where it became disused. Later the windpump was put back into operation where it functioned until 1956. Since then the windpump has been restored numerous times to keep it preserved. Winding is done by tailpole and winch, and is the last windpump on this kind left on the Broads.